Recipe by karen in tbay
When I had my third child at 42, nurse and long time friend Diane brought in this scrumpdelicious cake for hubby and 2 teens since I would be spending a week in hospital BUT she made the mistake of leaving it with me!! Need I say more, I raved about her cake and passed out her recipe to her fellow co-workers and sent half a pan home for the gang! Then made my husband promise to bring me up another piece or two MMMMMMMMMMMM
Top Review by alknight1976
Did not enjoy as much as other Carrot Cakes i have tryed. Too sweet for my taste. Should have less sugar (1 cup less ) or without the pineapple. If you have both, it is just way too sweet.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the sugar and mix in.
- Then add the oil and beaten eggs and mix.
- Add and mix in the carrots and pineapple.
- Pour into 9x13 glass pan.
- Bake 30 mins at 325F.
- Bake further and check at 5 min intervals until done.
- Insert knife in centre to check for doneness.
- (Diane cooked hers 40 mins)- variations in ovens and other baking pans will determine your own time.
- For icing beat marg, cream chz, icing sugar,vanilla and salt together until creamy.