Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
When I had my third child at 42, nurse and long time friend Diane brought in this scrumpdelicious cake for hubby and 2 teens since I would be spending a week in hospital BUT she made the mistake of leaving it with me!! Need I say more, I raved about her cake and passed out her recipe to her fellow co-workers and sent half a pan home for the gang! Then made my husband promise to bring me up another piece or two MMMMMMMMMMMM
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the sugar and mix in.
- Then add the oil and beaten eggs and mix.
- Add and mix in the carrots and pineapple.
- Pour into 9x13 glass pan.
- Bake 30 mins at 325F.
- Bake further and check at 5 min intervals until done.
- Insert knife in centre to check for doneness.
- (Diane cooked hers 40 mins)- variations in ovens and other baking pans will determine your own time.
- For icing beat marg, cream chz, icing sugar,vanilla and salt together until creamy.
Did not enjoy as much as other Carrot Cakes i have tryed. Too sweet for my taste. Should have less sugar (1 cup less ) or without the pineapple. If you have both, it is just way too sweet.