Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America. I havent tried it yet but wanted to post if for safe keeping. It looked so yummy on the show and so easy to make.
- 2 (8 count) cans crescent rolls
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more, for sprinkling on top)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 13x9 baking dish or pan with a non-stick spray.
- Peel and slice each apple into 16 pieces. Wrap apples in Crescent Rolls, and place rolled slices in pan, making 2 rows.
- Place additional apple slices between the rolled slices and between the rows.
- Mix melted butter, sugar and cinnamon together. Pour mixture over wrapped apples.
- Pour the can of Mountain Dew over all ingredients in pan. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream -- enjoy!
Very tasty treat! I used all low to no-fat ingredients and made for a girls get together- fans all around and they want it to take a part of our next supper club! I did not have mountain dew, so I used ginger ale and had gala apples. Update: made again and used Splenda in place of the sugar and granny smiths this time with lowfat crescents. Yummmmmm.