Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use your leftover meatloaf to make this tasty sandwich featured on ABC as Diane Sawyer's beloved recipe. Use Bri's Meatloaf it's simple and delicious. http://www.recipezaar.com/Bris-meatloaf-71503 Lovely with rye, white, or whole wheat bread.
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 4.92 ml Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 14.79 ml A.1. Original Sauce
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 16 slice bread
- 118.32 ml sweet butter, softened
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- In a medium bowl mix the sauce ingredients (mayonnaise through pepper) together with a spoon. Set aside.
- Cut the meatloaf into 8 thick slices.
- Spread softened butter on both sides of each slice of bread.
- In a large frying pan "grill" each slice of bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Then "grill" each meatloaf slice on both sides, in the same frying pan until browned nicely. (You may have to do this a few slices at a time.).
- Top one side of grilled slice of bread with some of the sauce. Place one slice of meatloaf on top of the sauce. Place sliced tomato, onion and lettuce on top. Top with more sauce, then another slice of grilled bread and serve.
I made this for my DH's lunch tonight, with Meatloaf. He thought it was a bit too saucy, so scraped about 1/2 the sauce off the sandwich. Otherwise made as is. I will use this recipe again! Thank you for posting! Made for 2009 Spring PAC