Recipe by Diana 2
This is by far the very best caramel corn I've ever had. Sweet, buttery, crunchy, Finger Lickin' Good. I thought about cutting the recipe in half, but what would be the point.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This kind of thing might not be devoured as quickly as is plain ol' popcorn, but it disappears pretty quickly, none-the-less! Easy-to-make & mose definitely habit forming! Thanks for a great treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 quarts popped corn, 24 cups...sounds like a lot, but it really isn't
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, cream of tartar and salt.
- Boil rapidly on medium high heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 260° on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in soda thoroughly.
- Pour over popped corn in a large bowl. Stir until well coated.
- Place popcorn on a large buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour at 200°, stirring 3 or 4 times.
- Keep in a tightly covered container.
- Care should be taken not to get the caramel on your skin. Trust me -- I know the consequences.