Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I designed this for dairy-intolerant clients that want a cereal for breakfast. It stabilises blood sugar levels for lots of energy. Plus, it's absolutely delicious! Don't use quick oats, you can substitute other fruit if you don't like sultanas, tart apples seem to work better than Red Delicious and only use real lemons. It is very filling so start with cup servings. You can add yoghurt if you like. It will keep for a week in the fridge.
- 250 g rolled oats
- 150 g almonds, chopped
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g sultanas
- 2 apples, grated with skin on (tart apples like Granny Smith or Pink Lady are better)
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon raw honey (unprocessed)
- fresh fruit, to serve
- Mix all ingredients together and leave to soak overnight in a covered container in the fridge.
- To serve, scoop out a cupful and fold sliced fresh fruit, berries (or frozen berries) through.
- Eat for breakfast or as a snack when rummaging through the fridge looking for goodies.