Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you need to use a crock pot-this is damn good!
- 3 lbs steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 jar chipotle chile, chopped with sauce (smoked jalapeno's)
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (NOT italian or anything like that-just tomatoes!)
- 1 can baby corn, cut into 1/2 inch rounds (go ahead and gasp-it tastes good!)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper (do a finger test)
- Mexican oregano (toss in a small amount-it's really strong)
- Cut up your meat.
- Put it into the crockpot.
- Drain half the red and half the black beans and toss them in with the other cans.
- add the onions, peppers, garlic and tomatoes-give a good stir.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve with hot corn bread.
This was delicious and easy enough to throw together. I used ground turkey instead of steak and omitted the chilis (didn't have any)and it was still wonderful. Thanks Di!
This was an easy first time chilli!!! Not only easy but very tastfull too!! thank you for sharing with us!!
I threw in 1.5 lb of ground turkey instead of the steak and everything else the same. FABULOUS! Will save to my favorites! Thank you for sharing! LA :-)