Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My mother's cousin gave us this recipe. Diamond Jack's is a restaurant in Tulsa that is popular, and famous for their drip beef. I'm not sure if this is actually their recipe (I kind of doubt it) but it is very good and easy to make in a crockpot.
- 4 -5 lbs boneless beef rump roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon, granules
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- garlic salt
- Cut the visible fat from the rump roast. Place the roast in a large crock pot.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a 2-cup measure and bring to boil a microwave.
- Pour over the roast in the crock pot. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Cool before slicing.
- Chill au jus to remove the fat.
- Combine the sliced meat and au jus and reheat before serving.
- May also be cooked in oven: combine as above in Dutch oven. Cook 4-5 hours at 275-300 degrees.