8 hrs 30 mins
My mother's cousin gave us this recipe. Diamond Jack's is a restaurant in Tulsa that is popular, and famous for their drip beef. I'm not sure if this is actually their recipe (I kind of doubt it) but it is very good and easy to make in a crockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the visible fat from the rump roast. Place the roast in a large crock pot.
- 2Combine the rest of the ingredients in a 2-cup measure and bring to boil a microwave.
- 3Pour over the roast in the crock pot. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 5Cool before slicing.
- 6Chill au jus to remove the fat.
- 7Combine the sliced meat and au jus and reheat before serving.
- 8May also be cooked in oven: combine as above in Dutch oven. Cook 4-5 hours at 275-300 degrees.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diamond Jack's Crock-Pot Drip Beef
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.9
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 480.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 46.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef rump roast