Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
We call this diamond chicken in our house because an older friend pulled me aside when I was dating my DH. She said if I really wanted a diamond on my finger, I should make this recipe for him. I did, he did, and we still enjoy this recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Place chicken breasts in an 8x8-inch pan.
- Lay swiss cheese over each breast.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Mix soup with wine, pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with stuffing mix.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
Yum! I made in a 13 X 9 pan (my chicken breasts were large). I made a few changes to add a little flavor. I covered with montreal chicken seasoning, then cheese, then garlic powder. As another review suggested, I mixed the [Mango] wine with the [cream of onion] soup and covered the breasts. It was delicious!
This was good but I would change things up next time. I made as directed except I didn't have white wine so I used chicken broth. Next time I would mix the soup, broth and stuffing together as the stuffing was way to hard for us. I might double the soup and broth mixture also next time.
I made this more than a month ago but never reviewed it. Oops! This was a huge success in my house and my husband just loved that we were eating stuffing and it wasn't even Thanksgiving! I made it exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Delicious!