Recipe by Akikobay
My friend is very close to having to start kidney dialysis, which will eventually lead to a kidney transplant. We made this recipe for her because her food choices are very limited and do not allow for dairy, much protein, much fresh fruit or whole grains. This is great because it uses canned peaches, which she is allowed to eat! The recipe comes from DaVita, but has been adapted to suit my friend.
- 4 cups canned peach slices, drained
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pit and slice peaches into 3/4-inch slices.
- Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange peach slices and blueberries in dish.
- Sprinkle sugar and lemon juice over the fruit.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Using two knives or a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour and sugar mixture until it is crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbs over the fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes or longer until the fruit is soft and crumbs are browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.