My friend is very close to having to start kidney dialysis, which will eventually lead to a kidney transplant. We made this recipe for her because her food choices are very limited and do not allow for dairy, much protein, much fresh fruit or whole grains. This is great because it uses canned peaches, which she is allowed to eat! The recipe comes from DaVita, but has been adapted to suit my friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Pit and slice peaches into 3/4-inch slices.
- 3Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 4Arrange peach slices and blueberries in dish.
- 5Sprinkle sugar and lemon juice over the fruit.
- 6Mix the flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- 7Using two knives or a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour and sugar mixture until it is crumbly.
- 8Sprinkle crumbs over the fruit.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes or longer until the fruit is soft and crumbs are browned.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dialysis Peach Blueberry Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g