Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A desert that is dialysis friendly.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (divided use)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar or 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy liquid coffee creamer
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together 1/2 cup butter and white sugar or Splenda.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour. Stir to mix; add chopped apples.
- Pour batter into a greased 9” x 13” baking pan.
- In a small bowl, crumble 2 tablespoons softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make icing, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter, nondairy creamer and powdered sugar. Drizzle over top and cut into bars.