Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sandwich ordered by Buford T. Justice in Smokey and the Bandit, best served with Dr. Pepper. My family loves this easy recipe, it is best if simmered for at least an hour and served on a toasted bun.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix (follow directions as to adding water)
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- sour cream
- 4 burger type buns, toasted
- Combine all ingredients except lettuce and sour cream in a pan for 15 minutes to an hour, the longer the better.
- Lay out lettuce on bottom of toasted buns, scoop out even amounts of meat mixture onto buns, follow with a dollop of sour cream.
- Best served with fries and Dr. Pepper.
Delicious! This is the perfect meal after an 18 hour drive from Texarkana to Atlanta with a truckload of Coors.
This sandwich had absolutely NOTHING to do with Smokey and the Bandit. The sandwich on the movie was, visually, most likened to a spicy BBQ, pulled pork sandwich......didn't have lettuce or tomato, and totally not a taco sloppy Joe.
Great sandwich for when you're in a hurry.