Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I found this while searching for recipes to use up half a bag of white chocolate chips I had on hand. I wanted something a little special that was company worthy, but simple enough to do for any old time. This surely did fit the bill on all the criteria need to be filled and you'll never guess where I found it...Food Network's BEHIND THE BASH! Yes, I know..shocked the devil out of me too! Who know fancy food could be oh so easy! I did modify it to make it a more diabetic friendly dish. Keep in mind it's still very sweet and the carbs and fat need to be accounted in your diet. White chocolate chips are pretty much pure sugar. This recipe should be used for ultra special occasions. Don't forget about the sugar in bananas too. Like I said, this is a SPECIAL OCCASION kinda dish. Enjoy it, but keep in mind your dietary needs and limits.
- 1 (6 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold skim milk (I use 2%, though)
- 14 ounces sugar-free sweetened condensed milk (my recipe Sweetened Condensed Milk Substitute for Diabetics)
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 lbs bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2-1 cup white chocolate chips, plus
- white chocolate chips, for garnish
- vanilla wafer cookie, for garnish
- NOTE: My recipe for the diabetic sweetened condensed milk makes 1 cup. Make as much as you need and store the extra in the fridge in a covered dish. Also, if you are on a VERY strict diabetic diet, use only 1/2 of the chips.
- Mix the pudding mix, milk, and sweetened condensed milk and blend well.
- Fold in the whipped topping, bananas, and white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate overnight. Serve in individual serving cups. Garnish with white chocolate chips and vanilla wafers.
Was looking for something quick & easy, & this worked out very well! Six large bananas (about 2 lbs) seemed a bit much for this, however, so I cut that back to just 3 & had plenty! Cut the amount of white chocolate chips in half, but then used a very small amount of dark chocolate shavings on top & had A GREAT PUDDING! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Diabetes Awareness Month Tag Game]