12 hrs 10 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I found this while searching for recipes to use up half a bag of white chocolate chips I had on hand. I wanted something a little special that was company worthy, but simple enough to do for any old time. This surely did fit the bill on all the criteria need to be filled and you'll never guess where I found it...Food Network's BEHIND THE BASH! Yes, I know..shocked the devil out of me too! Who know fancy food could be oh so easy! I did modify it to make it a more diabetic friendly dish. Keep in mind it's still very sweet and the carbs and fat need to be accounted in your diet. White chocolate chips are pretty much pure sugar. This recipe should be used for ultra special occasions. Don't forget about the sugar in bananas too. Like I said, this is a SPECIAL OCCASION kinda dish. Enjoy it, but keep in mind your dietary needs and limits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups cold skim milk (I use 2%, though)
- 14 ounces sugar-free sweetened condensed milk (my recipe Sweetened Condensed Milk Substitute for Diabetics)
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 lbs bananas, sliced
- 1/2-1 cup white chocolate chips, plus
- white chocolate chips, for garnish
- vanilla wafer cookie, for garnish
- 1NOTE: My recipe for the diabetic sweetened condensed milk makes 1 cup. Make as much as you need and store the extra in the fridge in a covered dish. Also, if you are on a VERY strict diabetic diet, use only 1/2 of the chips.
- 2Mix the pudding mix, milk, and sweetened condensed milk and blend well.
- 3Fold in the whipped topping, bananas, and white chocolate chips.
- 4Refrigerate overnight. Serve in individual serving cups. Garnish with white chocolate chips and vanilla wafers.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic White Chocolate Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.0
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 134.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free sweetened condensed milk