Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Mr. Food's Quick & Easy Diabetic Cooking
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well; form the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place the patties in the skillet to cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until no pink remains in the center.
Thank You, Moririanne, for posting this recipe. Never having used ground turkey before, this recipe gave me a base from which to make the patties. I tweaked it to suit our tastes, and they turned out great!
One of the changes that I made was to lightly brush the patties with a browning & seasoning sauce, which added about 15 calories more to each pattie ( my DH doesn't like pale looking food ). I also used the full 20 oz. package of ground turkey, but kept all the other measurements the same. They turned out moist and flavorful. This recipe is a keeper.