Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful treat for those that love the taste of sweet potato in a pie.
- 453.59 g sweet potato
- 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 118.29 ml low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- 9 inch unbaked pie shells
- Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add margarine, and mix well with mixer. Stir in splenda, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.
I just made this and it's delicious for a diabetic pie. I made it using 1/2 c unsalted butter and couldn't taste the difference. The lemon adds a nice touch. Great recipe. I'll be using this one again.
Very good recipe. Simple and delicious.
This pie is excellent you can't tell it is made with Splenda instead of sugar. I used this recipe for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!