Recipe by The Real Cake Baker
A wonderful treat for those that love the taste of sweet potato in a pie.
Top Review by Kelly C.
I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and was delighted to come across this recipe. I didn't think I was going to be able to have a traditional thanksgiving dessert, so I was happy to see this recipe. I followed it exactly and it is very good. I think though the next time I make it I may use less lemon because I like to taste the sweet potato a bit more!
- 453.59 g sweet potato
- 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 118.29 ml low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- 9 inch unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add margarine, and mix well with mixer. Stir in splenda, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.