Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Source: Kansas Wheat Commission A carb-controlled dessert the whole family can enjoy.
Top Review by Outta Here
This is a great snack cake. Very moist and flavorful. I used the apple option. I baked it in an 8-inch round pan and cut into wedges and served with a dollop of non-fat, no sugar added orange yogurt.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar substitute (Sugar Twin Brown)
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute (Splenda or Sugar Twin)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh apple
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (peel)
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly coat an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine margarine, sweeteners and egg.
- Beat on medium speed 2-3 minutes; scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder,baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir in raisins or apples and orange zest.
- Add to first mixture, alternating with the orange juice, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes,.
- or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack.