Recipe by Charlotte J
I found this in an advertisement for SPLENDA.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I just recently found out that I was diabetic, so I was delighted to find this recipe. The cake was so light and tender and the strawberry filling had just the right amount of sweetness. I will be making this often this summer. Made for Diabetic Cooking Tag Game.
- 6 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular or 1⁄2 cup other sugar substitute
- 1 cup low-fat biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons low-fat biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular or 1⁄4 cup other sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- fat-free whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mash two cups of strawberries and add 1/2 SPLENDA Granular or other sugar substitute.
- Mix in remaining strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Blend baking mix and 1/4 cup SPLENDA Granular or other sugar substitute in a bowl.
- Add milk and sour cream.
- Mix until soft dough forms.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet to form 6 shortcakes.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut in half and layer strawberry sauce and whipped topping in middle.