Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great dish for dieters or diabetics
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 cups strawberries, slices
- 6 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening. Mix in egg. Add 1/3 cup milk. Slowly add as much milk as needed to make a non-sticky dough. Pat dough out on floured surface. Cut rounds with biscuit cutters or drinking glasses. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins 450F til lightly browned.
- Split in half.
- If desired, spread each half with butter.
- Sprinkle artificial sweetener over strawberries and mix well.
- Spoon strawberries over biscuit halves.
- Top with whipped topping.