Recipe by CoolMonday
This pie not only looks beautiful but is very delicious. My non-diabetic family wants me to make it every day. Came from diabetic-recipes.com... I love strawberry pie and was looking for a recipe I could use. Be sure to use the directions in this recipe and not those on the jello box. And fresh strawberries work a lot better then frozen. Diabetic Exchange: 1 1/2 carb (1 starch, 1/2 fruit) 1 fat
Top Review by Charlotte J
I just had a spoonful of the leftover mix that I put in the refrigerator. It is on the tart side but set up nicely. I used a 16 ounce bag of frozen strawberries. So taking in account the amount of liquid that they would produce, I dissolved the jello in 1/2 cup of water. Then added the semi thawed strawberries which of course firmed up the jello immediately. lol So into the microwave it went for 2 minutes on high. That was long enough to bring it back to liquid form and thaw the berries. In went the yogurt and then into the crust. Our DD will enjoy this for Thanksgiving dinner today. Made for *Bake A Thon for CoolMonday* 2007
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- 17.00 g package sugar-free strawberry gelatin (or 2 .3 ounce packages)
- 709.77 ml sliced fresh strawberries
- 473.18 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 deep dish graham cracker pie crust (10-inch)
- 8 whole strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Place boiling water in large bowl. Stir in Jello till dissolved. Chill until slightly set-- about 10- 20 minutes.
- Stir in strawberries Chill another 10 minutes.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust Chill till firm-- at least 4 hours Cut into 8 wedges and place a whole strawberry on each wedge.