1/4 Photos of Diabetic Spring Fling Layered White Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Pvt Amys Mom's Note:
White cake layered with strawberries and Apricot preserves. I searched the internet for a cake that I could make as a special treat (birthday) for a good friend that is diabetic. He thought it was wonderful and was quite flattered that I took the time to make it. This is not difficult to make, but there are alot of steps to it. I am not "used to" the taste of the fat free cream cheese, and quite honestly, do not like the frosting. UPDATE: My daughter used this cake recipe and "Absolutely Sugar Free" Frosting (Absolutely Sugar Free Frosting) to do a wedding cake - Awesome together!!! Much better than the cream cheese frosting listed with the recipe!
My Private Note
1/2 inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda granular
- 3 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 7 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 pint strawberry, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly spray two 9-inch cake pans with Pam and set aside.
- 2MAKE CAKE.
- 3Sift cake flour, mix splenda, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar together in a medium sized bowl on low speed until ingredients are blended.
- 4Add softened butter, mix on low speed about 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add egg whites, mix on low speed until incorporated, scrape sides of bowl, mix on medium high speed 1-2 minutes or until batter is light and well blended.
- 6Scrape sides of bowl, add buttermilk and extracts, mix on medium speed until blended.
- 7Pour cake batter into prepared pans.
- 8Bake in preheated 350 oven 20-25 minutes or until edges of cake appear slightly dry.
- 9Allow cake to cook in pans 10-15 minutes.
- 10Remove from pans and cool on wire racks until ready to Ice.
- 11PREPARE ICING.
- 12Beat softened butter and Sllenda briefly in a medium sized bowl, just until splenda is incorporated.
- 13Add cream cheese, mix until lump free, about 1 minute.
- 14Scrape sides of bowl and add vanilla, mix well.
- 15ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- 16Slice cooled cake layers in half- using a serrated knife, slice cakes in half horizontally, to create 4 cake layers.
- 17Place 1 cake layer on cake stand or plate- spread 1/3 of the preserves over the cake layer.
- 18Top with 1/3 of the sliced strawberries.
- 19Repeat process until all layers are assembled.
- 20Ice cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Spring Fling Layered White Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 363.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sugar apricot preserves