Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is my grandmother's. She developed it after she was diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago. It is such a rich tastng cake you don't even miss the extra sugar.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- mix oil, applesauce and egg with other ingriedients.
- pour into a greased pan (batter will be thin).
- and bake for 60 minutes at 350.
Very good my whole family loved it!
In my 63 years this is the worse cake I have ever made. I knew something was wrong when recipe said batter would be thin. Mine was so thick it was like cookie dough batter. Yes, I did put the required amount of ingredients in the batter.