Diabetic Shortbread cookies. I have not tried these yet. The recipe is in response to a request for diabetic shortbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, Equal® for Recipes or Equal® Spoonful?
- 2,cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl, cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Sprinkle vanilla and almond extracts over mixture and stir in; mix with hands briefly until dough begins to hold together.
- 4Pat dough evenly in bottom of greased 8-inch round cake pan.
- 5Lightly cut dough into 12 wedges with sharp knife, cutting about halfway through dough.
- 6Pierce each wedge 2 to 3 times with tines of fork; press almond into each wedge.
- 7Bake in preheated 325*F (160*C) oven until shortbread is lightly browned 25 to 30 minutes.
- 8Cool on wire rack; cut into wedges while warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Shortbread Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.4
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 117.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g