My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a wood or charcoal fire in a barbecue or preheat a gas barbecue grill.
- 2Rub the fish inside and out with the olive oil, salt, pepper and ground fennel seed.
- 3If necessary, cut the wild fennel to fit inside the fish, then tuck it into the cavity.
- 4Clean the grill rack with a wire brush and rub it with oil.
- 5When the coals are medium-hot, place the fish directly on the grill.
- 6Cook for 3 minutes, then cover, venting both the upper and lower vents of the barbecue.
- 7Cook about 20 minutes, or until the fish easily flakes from the bone with a fork.
- 8Remove to a platter and fillet one side, then remove the backbone and head by lifting on the tail.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Rock Cod Stuffed with Wild Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 388.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rock cod fish