Redneck Epicurean's Note:
This year (2006), I have resolved to take better care of my diabetes. Well, actually it was more of an order from my doctor. He told me either to straighten up or find a new doctor. Big wake up call! for me because I love Todd to death. He made it possible for me to be as healthy as I am today (even though that's not as healthy as I could be). So, I have set to arrange my cookbooks, kitchen, & life to make sure that I have diabetes but it don't have me. I love pumpkin and I prefer a sweet soup to a savory one. This one works for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 -4 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (depending on your taste, mood, etc.) or 2 -4 teaspoons Splenda brown sugar blend (depending on your taste, mood, etc.)
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk (or half & half for a VERY special occasion)
- 1In a large saucepot over med. heat, combine the broth, pumpkin, and spices.
- 2Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Add the cream gradually and heat through. Do NOT boil!
- 4Sweeten to taste before serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 441.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g