1/1 Photo of Diabetic Pumpkin Roll
Charlotte J's Note:
Tried and true and my daughter loves this recipe. Here are a few pointers I learned as I made it. Do not over bake the cake or it will crack when you unroll it. Also make sure you cream the cheese first so there are no lumps in the filling. anw0792 requested a Pumpkin Roll recipe for diabetics and then 1Steve found the link for it. I dug out my copy of the recipe to post, so others could use it and also adding my tips/changes. This recipe is originally by Betty Hale of Arkansas; she won 3rd Place with it in the "Sweet As Can Be" recipe contest by Equal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 24 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute or 1 cup Equal sugar substitute or 7 1/4 teaspoons Equal Spoonful
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Beat eggs and Equal for 5 minutes in a bowl.
- 2Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice; add flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Line a jelly roll pan with wax paper.
- 5Spread batter evenly over pan.
- 6Bake at 350°F until toothpick comes out clean; 5-8 minutes.
- 7DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- 8Cool 3 minutes in pan; turn out on a cloth and roll up from narrow end.
- 9I double just the towel end to begin the rolling process.
- 10The larger center seems to help it not to crack.
- 11Chill in refrigerator until completely cool.
- 12Unroll pumpkin roll and spread with filling.
- 13Re-roll, place in a plastic bag and chill until serving time.
- 14Slice into pinwheels and serve.
- 15TO MAKE FILLING: Cream the cream cheese then mix whipped topping and Equal until smooth and spreadable.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Pumpkin Roll
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.3 mg
- Sodium 291.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g