Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
These are unbelievably good for a diabetic recipe. My Aunt has tried so many different recipes (allot of which are terrible) and this one is actually pretty tasty! Oh, the Dietary Exchange on this recipe is: 1 medium fat protein, 2 carbohydrate (bread/starch). ENJOY
- 1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄4 cup jarred pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (112 g)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese (15 g)
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Open dough can and place on a work surface.
- Roll out and cut two 6-inch circles.
- Rework scraps, roll out, and cut out another two 6-inch circles for a total of 4 circles.
- Discard remaining scraps.
- Place the dough circles on the work surface.
- Spread each circle with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Place 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese near the center of each circle.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon oregano.
- Dampen the edges of each circle with a little water.
- Fold circles in half, enclosing the cheese filling.
- Crimp the edges by pressing down with the tines of a fork along the edge.
- Cut two small slits in the top for steam vents.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place pizza pockets on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.