These are unbelievably good for a diabetic recipe. My Aunt has tried so many different recipes (allot of which are terrible) and this one is actually pretty tasty! Oh, the Dietary Exchange on this recipe is: 1 medium fat protein, 2 carbohydrate (bread/starch). ENJOY
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open dough can and place on a work surface.
- 2Roll out and cut two 6-inch circles.
- 3Rework scraps, roll out, and cut out another two 6-inch circles for a total of 4 circles.
- 4Discard remaining scraps.
- 5Place the dough circles on the work surface.
- 6Spread each circle with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
- 7Place 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese near the center of each circle.
- 8Top each with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon oregano.
- 9Dampen the edges of each circle with a little water.
- 10Fold circles in half, enclosing the cheese filling.
- 11Crimp the edges by pressing down with the tines of a fork along the edge.
- 12Cut two small slits in the top for steam vents.
- 13Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- 14Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 15Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 16Place pizza pockets on prepared baking sheet.
- 17Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 18Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Pizza Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 380.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust
reduced-fat ricotta cheese