Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another tasty diabetic treat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 3⁄4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 1 baked pie crust (or crumb crust)
- In small saucepan soften gelatin in cold water. Stir over low heat til it dissolves completely.
- Add pineapple juice.
- Cover and refrigerate til mixture begins to set.
- Whip until light and fluffy.
- Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Whip cream til stiff.
- Beat in artificial sweetener.
- Fold whipped cream into pineapple mixture.
- Pour into crust, and refrigerate til firm.