Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on a diabetic recipe website and sounds great! To make the graham cracker crumbs, use a food processor or place them in a large ziploc bag and crush with the bottom of a pan or rolling pin. You could also add some fresh bananas on top when serving for a great taste!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 14 double graham crackers, finely crushed to measure 1 Cup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Pineapple Cheesecake Filling
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 slice white bread
- 1⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons artificial sweetener (6 packets)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 12 ounces crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
- To prepare crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Check about 12 minutes if you have a hotter oven. Don't let the crust to get too brown.
- To prepare filling:
- First make sure the pineapple is well drained. You don't want to add too much excess liquid.
- In a food processor or blender, combine everything except the pineapple. Process until smooth. Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until set. Allow to cool completely and serve chilled with sugar free whipped cream.