Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
Diabetic? got a hankering for Pecan pie? then this is the recipe for you!
Top Review by Outta Here
This was delcious! Pecan Pie is one of my favorites, and now I can have it on special occasions. I used a commercial sweetener made from blue agave. I don't think the coffee really made a difference in taste, as there really wasn't much of it, so leave it out if you want. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 (1 g) packet plain gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons very strong coffee (prepared, not grounds) or 2 tablespoons brewed espresso (prepared, not grounds)
- 24 pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup granular fructose (or diabetic sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make fruit sweetener: mix together 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate (thawed) PLUS 1/2 cup granulated fructose or diabetic sugar.).
- Prepare pastry and place in 9-inch pie pan. In large bowl, combine fruit sweetener, gelatin and apple sauce. Beat with electric mixer.
- In small bowl, blend water and cornstarch until smooth. Add cornstarch to fruit sweetener mixture and blend. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and coffee. Pour mixture into pie shell. Decorate top with pecan halves. Bake 30-40 minutes (until custard is set) at 375°F Cool slightly before cutting.