Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I make these for the diabetics in my family but everyone enjoys them.
Make and share this Diabetic Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place butter, splenda, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add peanut butter and chocolate. Mix until blended.
- Roll cookie dough into 48 balls (1 tbsp dough per ball). Place balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Dip a fork in water and press a criss-cross pattern into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
I found these cookies very dry and not sweet at all, nor could I taste the peanut butter. I used natural peanut butter. The directions did not say to pack the brown sugar, so I did not. Could that have been the reason they were not sweet?
I am a baker and I was looking for a good dessert to serve my dieting and diabetic customers. I made these cookies and much to my surprise they disappeared quickly
Being diabetic i am always on the hunt for great diabetic recipes for meals and sweets. This turned out really great and i loved the taste. Will try them again for sure. Thanks for posting.