Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Taken from my mother's WLS board where low sugar and high protein is necessary. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 kg kraft sugar-free sodium-free peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut (or more)
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, Rice Krispies and Splenda until well mixed.
- Pour coconut into a small bowl.
- Drop peanut butter mixture into the coconut by the teaspoonfuls to coat.
- Place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and chill minimum 1 hour.
- Store in air tight container for up to 3 weeks in fridge.
I threw these together last night in no time at all. I added some flax meal, which added a little more texture to the balls. After trying to mix this by hand for a minute, I decided the mixer was the way to go. Be sure to give them time to set up in the fridge. I even had one for breakfast this morning!
My son and I made these while on vacation for our whole family. They were easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the coconut as I do not like it and I cut the recipe in half.
I have a family of peanut butter-aholics, and we really enjoyed these. My grandfather (diabetic) kept insisting he couldn't eat them.. thinking they were candy. I used Skippy Natural peanut butter, with great results. Thanks so much for a great party recipe!