Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mom recently made this recipe for daddy. We found it in one of Nee's cookbooks. I would have NEVER guessed it was not a whole fat, whole sugar recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine margarine, Splenda's and egg. Beat 2 minutes at high speed, sraping the bowl occasionally. Blend in flour and mix well.
- Blend in remaining ingredients, except nuts. Beat 1 minute on slow speed.
- Pour mix into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350 degrees 25 to 30 minutes.
This is very rich, moist and flavorful for being lower fat and sugar. The orange flavor is great and the added texture from the whole wheat flour is nice. I used walnuts, but I think almonds would be good also. Served with no-sugar added Cool Whip.