Recipe by MommyMakes
Old southern favorite, made low-calorie! From ADA.
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
Very nice! I read this a couple of nights ago while looking for a good diabetic dessert for my mom. I knew of banana pudding, but really needed to know a good order to layer it. This worked out really nicely! I used ff/sf chocolate pudding, because she LOVES chocolate (I come by it naturally!) and I added a few wafers to the top for a little extra since she's used to a MUCH heavier dessert. This fit the bill perfectly and left her not feeling guilty about "indulging". Thanks!
- 1 (4 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla pudding or 1 (4 ounce) package vegetarian fat free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups nonfat milk or 2 cups low-fat milk
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 2 large bananas, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pudding and milk over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it boils, then remove from heat.
- Place 2 cookies on bottom of each of six custard dishes.
- Alternate layers of bananas and pudding, starting and finishing with bananas.
- Chill before serving.