Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is my absolute favorite homemade cookie in the whole world! When I make a batch, I have to hide them, give part of them away, and basically lock them in the cabinet. They just don't last. I got so tired of not being able to eat the regular ones from the Elves in the magic tree, so I adapted a really good recipe. I hope you like them as much as I do.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons white Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the flour with the cinnamon.
- Cream the butter and both the sugars until fluffy. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls if small cookies are desired, tablespoons if larger cookies are desired onto parchment paper (this stuff is reusable - one sheet will do the whole batch).
- Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.