Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delightfull little sweets you can enjoy with no guilt. Choose your favorite flavor of pudding.
Make and share this Diabetic Mini Cream Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam.
- Bring water and salt to a full boil. Stir in margarine until melted.
- Add flour, all at once. Stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring thoroughly after each addition until smooth and shiny.
- Drop dough by teaspoons onto baking sheet, forming 24 mounds. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn oven off and prick Puffs on sides with a toothpick.
- Return to oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Cool completely!
- With sharp knife, carefully remove the tops of the puffs.
- Filling: Fold Cool Whip into prepared pudding. Fill each puff and replace top.
- 3 Puffs per serving.
- Each serving supplies 1/2 fat exchange (margarine), 1/4 protein exchange (egg), 1/2 bread exchange (flour), 1/8 milk exchange (pudding) and 5 optional calories.
Great, light dessert! I had forgotten how easy it is to make your own puffs. I used the butterscotch pudding and looking forward to trying them with chocolate, also. Thanks for this low-carb dessert everyone can enjoy! Made for Spring 2010 PAC.