Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delightfull little sweets you can enjoy with no guilt. Choose your favorite flavor of pudding.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free pudding mix, prepared per directions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam.
- Bring water and salt to a full boil. Stir in margarine until melted.
- Add flour, all at once. Stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring thoroughly after each addition until smooth and shiny.
- Drop dough by teaspoons onto baking sheet, forming 24 mounds. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn oven off and prick Puffs on sides with a toothpick.
- Return to oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Cool completely!
- With sharp knife, carefully remove the tops of the puffs.
- Filling: Fold Cool Whip into prepared pudding. Fill each puff and replace top.
- 3 Puffs per serving.
- Each serving supplies 1/2 fat exchange (margarine), 1/4 protein exchange (egg), 1/2 bread exchange (flour), 1/8 milk exchange (pudding) and 5 optional calories.
Great, light dessert! I had forgotten how easy it is to make your own puffs. I used the butterscotch pudding and looking forward to trying them with chocolate, also. Thanks for this low-carb dessert everyone can enjoy! Made for Spring 2010 PAC.