Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for the holdays!
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk (equal to 4 cups low-fat milk)
- 2 eggs
- sugar substitute (equal to 3/4 cup brown sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- Mix all ingredients.
- Pour into a 9" glass pie pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 1 hour, or until knife inserted into center of pie comes out clean.
I gave this 4 stars, but probably would have given 3 1/2 - it tasted good, but it looked ugly - does that make sense? It bubbled on the edges and looked like molten lava, so I took a knife to smooth it - and ruined it even more. My friend, for whom I baked it, and who has just been diagnosed as diabetic, said she liked it, and that's what matters. By the way, it took me 2 hrs to bake it also!
It was good. My dad, a diabetic who hates diet food, loved it! It took almost 2 hours for mine to cook though. I'm not sure why.... Anyway, we enjoyed it this Thanksgiving.
half sugar substitute and half real sugar works out very nicely