Recipe by Dancer^
Try this marinade for an incredibly flavourful and beautifully browned roast. The marinating time can be your choice, I like to start it the night before.
- 3 lbs sirloin tip steaks or 3 lbs inside round roast or 3 lbs eye of round roast or 3 lbs outside round roast or 3 lbs oven rump roast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce roast numerous times with a fork.
- Combine marinade ingredients in shallow container or resealable freezer bag, reserving 2 tbsps.
- of the marinade for basting roast while barbecuing.
- Marinate roast 12 to 48 hours in refrigerator.
- Discard used marinade.
- Insert meat thermometer into centre of roast.
- Grill fat side up or cook on rotisserie over drip pan in closed barbecue over indirect medium heat only to rare (i. e. internal temperature of 140 degrees) or medium (i. e. internal temperature of 160 degrees).
- Baste roast with the reserved marinade while barbecuing.