Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon ginger, julienned as thinly as possible
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, cut in half
- 1 dash tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 halibut steaks
- Combine first six ingredients in a deep roasting pan.
- Cook the poaching liquid for 2-3 minutes, then add halibut, cover tightly, and gently simmer until cooked through (approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness).
- Garnish with sliced avocados, thinly sliced lime wheels and fresh cilantro.
Good way to prepare halibut steak. Easy too! I used an electric skillet and passed on the cilantro. I love cooking with wine and will make this again and again.