Top Review by Derf
very, very good!! I used fresh halibut and fresh mushrooms, cut it back for the two of us and sat back and enjoyed it!! Thanks for sharing , will be doing this one over and over again. Served it with Tomatos Florintine and a rice pilaf. Made this again , it is so quick and easy!! This time I used basa fish and the canned mushrooms, turned out delicious!! I forgot to mention that I left the carrots out as I had already done steamed cabbage with carrot ribbons, also use chicken stock instead of granuals.
- 4 (4 ounce) fresh halibut or 4 (4 ounce) frozen halibut, , or other fish steaks (, or other fish steaks)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Arrange fish steaks in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
- Cook on 100% power (high) for 4 to 8 minutes or till fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Keep warm while preparing sauce.
- In a 2-cup measure stir together cornstarch, bouillon granules, and salt.
- Stir in milk all at once.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes or till thickened and bubbly, stirring after 1 minute, then every 30 seconds.
- Stir in mushrooms and carrot.
- Cook for 30 to 60 seconds more or till heated through.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Serve over fish steaks.
- Sprinkle with parsley.