Diabetic, Low-fat Fish Steaks with Mushroom Sauce
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Arrange fish steaks in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
- Cook on 100% power (high) for 4 to 8 minutes or till fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Keep warm while preparing sauce.
- In a 2-cup measure stir together cornstarch, bouillon granules, and salt.
- Stir in milk all at once.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes or till thickened and bubbly, stirring after 1 minute, then every 30 seconds.
- Stir in mushrooms and carrot.
- Cook for 30 to 60 seconds more or till heated through.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Serve over fish steaks.
- Sprinkle with parsley.