My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (with leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 5 peppercorns
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1Heat water, wine, onion, celery, salt, thyme, tarragon, peppercorns, parsley and bay leaf to boiling in 12-inch skillet; reduce heat.
- 2Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 3Place fish in skillet; add water, if necessary, to cover.
- 4Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 5Simmer until fish flakes easily with fork, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 6Carefully remove fish with slotted spatula; place on wire rack to drain.
- 7Carefully remove skin; cut fish lengthwise into halves.
- 8Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours.
- 9Prepare Green Sauce; serve with fish.
- 10Green Sauce---------------.
- 11Place all ingredients in a blender container.
- 12Cover and blend on high speed, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides, until smooth, about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic, Low-fat Cold Poached Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 492.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 15.3 g