Diabetic, Low-fat Cold Poached Salmon
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Heat water, wine, onion, celery, salt, thyme, tarragon, peppercorns, parsley and bay leaf to boiling in 12-inch skillet; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place fish in skillet; add water, if necessary, to cover.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer until fish flakes easily with fork, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove fish with slotted spatula; place on wire rack to drain.
- Carefully remove skin; cut fish lengthwise into halves.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours.
- Prepare Green Sauce; serve with fish.
- Green Sauce---------------.
- Place all ingredients in a blender container.
- Cover and blend on high speed, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides, until smooth, about 3 minutes.