Top Review by KittyKitty
If you wanted to make this more diabetic friendly, I would do this, although, it will still be a little carb filled, it will be more friendly to those of us who can't take the carbs.Use sugar-free pudding instead of fat free,Splenda instead of sugar,sugar free pound cake,i.e. Pound cake made with Splenda ( you probably would have to make your own), sugar free preserves,and sugar free whipped topping. I don't know what the nutritional value would be after these changes, but it has to better than it is, as one reviewer says, this is not diabetic friendly.
- 1 package fat-free chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie mix (that makes four servings)
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 slices fat-free pound cake (1/3-inch slices)
- 1⁄4 cup fruit preserves, of choice
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-calorie whipped topping
- cocoa powder, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the pudding mix according to package directions, using the evaporated milk and adding the vanilla.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Mix together the raspberries and sugar and set aside.
- Spread some jam on one side of the cake slices.
- Sprinkle with Grand Marnier.
- In a small trifle bowl or glass dish, press the cake slices so they show up against the outside of the bowl.
- Add some raspberries to the bowl.
- Add some of the pudding.
- Layer on more fruit and pudding.
- Top entire pudding with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder to serve.