Recipe by PollyB
This calls for a quick roast but I couldn't find it so I used a rump roast and added 1 hour to the ooking time. For medium rare. The glazing sauce from this recipe can also be served as a chutney to go with other roasts, steaks or burgers.
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small hot banana pepper, seeded and sliced (or 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper)
- 1 premium quick roast (about 1 lb.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, combine pineapple, steak sauce, curry powder, ginger, allspice, garlic, onion and banana pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 1/3 cup of this sauce mixture.
- Remove netting from roast.
- Insert meat thermometer lengthwise into centre of roast so that shaft is not visible.
- Place on rack in ovenproof skillet or shallow pan.
- Brush surface of roast with sauce mixture remaining in saucepan.
- Cook 1 lb.
- roast, uncovered, in 350 degrees oven 50 to 60 minutes or until thermometer reads 155 degrees for medium.
- Remove roast to cutting board; tent with foil for 5 minutes to allow temperature to rise 5 degrees.
- Cut into thin slices across the grain and serve with the reserved 1/3 cup sauce.