1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 portabella mushrooms, about 4 ",in diameter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- arugula, leaves for garnish
- 1Combine oil and garlic in a small skillet.
- 2Cook over very low heat until soft and aromatic, not browned.
- 3Add red pepper flakes and remove from heat.
- 4Hold mushroom upright and tap to dislodge dirt.
- 5Clean with a soft brush.
- 6Gently cut the stem flush with the cap, reserving the stem.
- 7Paint the caps sparingly with about 1/2 the oil mixture outside then inside.
- 8Set gill-side up on a baking sheet.
- 9Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp.
- 10of the salt.
- 11With a paring knife, peel reserved mushroom stems, cut into fine dice and place in a bowl.
- 12Stir in diced red pepper, parsley and thyme.
- 13Add remaining oil mixture and remaining 1/2 tsp.
- 14salt and pepper.
- 15Let stand until somewhat juicy, about 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
- 16Set rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- 17Divide the stuffing among the caps, spreading evenly.
- 18Bake until tender throughout, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 19Transfer to a warm platter and garnish with arugula.
- 20Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic, Low-Fat Baked Stuffed Portobello Caps
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 393.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g