Freebie from Robyn Webb, MS, LN. Got it from her website. Serving size - 1 cup. Starch Exchange: 1.5, Lean Meat: 2, Vegetable: 1, Fat: 1.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 celery, diced
- 1 lb low fat Italian turkey sausage, cooked, casings removed, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can italian tomatoes with juice
- Heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the green pepper, onion, and celery. Cook for 3 minutes. Add in sausage and cook until browned.
- Add in rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Delicious!! I did add about 1/2 can of beef broth that I need to use and some sliced mushrooms. I think they added to the richness of the stew. I, also, baked in the oven in a covered cast iron Dutch oven for one hour. Nice blend of herbs and flavors. Served with rice. Made for Cool Beans! event in Cooking Photos.
DH loved it. It is a make again for sure. Thank you for sharing.
Quick, easy and tasty even reheated.