Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This stuff is GREAT! It goes with anything Italian, or can make anything SEEM Italian. Give it a try!
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Add ingredients in order suggested by Bread Machine manufacturer.
- Add 3 cups flour, spices, olives, & onion, and then add the last cup of flour before making the hole for the yeast.
- Bake on basic, medium crust, 2# loaf. Baking time is machine time.
This is a very nice tasting bread, I love the flavours of Italy and it's even better toasted, I did have to add a bit more liquid as it seemed a bit dry when it was mixing together, but I have experienced this before. I think bread flour is a bit different here so I should of known this before hand but I watched it and added more before it was too late, and the result was a very nice loaf of bread. I did add a tablespoon of wheat gluten to give it a bit of a lift and it worked fine. There was such a lovely aroma when it was baking. Thank you for posting made for celebrating diabeties month November 2010