Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mom gave me this out of a Diabetic cookbook she has. It is very good with a nice bowl of soup Prep time includes 20 minutes rise time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Mix together Flour, Salt, Sugar and Yeast.
- Mix together warm water (120 to130 degrees) and Oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry.
- Stir well.
- Add more flour or water if needed, to form soft dough.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and kneed for 1-2 min, or until smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl cover and let rise 20 minute
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Knead dough down and place on cookie sheet.
- Pat or roll to 12" Circle.
- Brush with Salad dressing.
- Sprinkle with herbs and cheeses.
- Bake for 15 minute or until brown.