Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Mr. Food's Quick & Easy Diabetic Cooking
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) pork chops
- Preheat the oven to 400F; coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the lemon juice, scallions, garlic, rosemary, and pepper in a shallow dish; dip each pork chop into the mixture to coat completely then place in the baking dish.
- Lightly coat the chops with cooking spray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until desired doneness.
very good!! we like the sauce, it added a lot of depth to the chops. Just did 2 chops. Next time i may add a little hot sauce to give a little kick. I agree with the other reviewer, I think the recipe would be improved to marinate the cops for at least an hour and will try this next time. Served with steamed carrots and celery and recipe #17694 Thanks for posting.
This was last nights dinner and I used 6 pork chops with skin and fat on and used 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, 3 spring onions (scallions), 4 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary and a good grinding of black pepper. Oiled the chops with EVO and then coated in mixture and placed in baking dish (tight fit) and baked as instructed taking about 30 minutes and they were absolutely out of this world, we spooned some of the sauce left in the dish over the chops and served with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. DH has asked that next time we make it that we marinate the chops in the mixture for an hour and cook on the barbeque (outdoor griller) so as to crisp up the skin. Doing it in the oven I would cut the skin and fat off (think it would then cook in 15 to 20 minutes then). Thank you Moirianne for an outstanding recipe.