1/1 Photo of Diabetic Grape Nuts Bars
I made these for my Baci ("grandmother" in Polish) because she has to watch her blood sugar. Loving her with all my being makes me worry about her well-being. I decided to try this recipe (and another Oatmeal Bar recipe) and give her an alternative to eating baked goods for a "quick fix." She preferred the other recipe and recommends this recipe to those who like Grape Nuts. She says the bars reminded her of Grape Nuts pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2OPTIONAL: You don't have to do this (blame it on my paranoia and perfectionism), but I boiled water and added the raisins in order to plump them and remove any surface sugars.
- 3Mix all ingredients together.
- 4Pour into a non-stick 9 inch square baking dish.
- 5Bake for 35 minutes or until firm.
- 6Cool and cut into 12 squares.
- 7NOTE: To add some interesting or favorite taste variations, add one or more tsp of any flavor extract (or any combination): coconut, banana, almond, mint, or cocoa powder.
- 8Various spices can also be added: nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, clove, lemon and orange peel.
- 9You can add other extracts or spices such as: 1/2- 1 tsp.
- 10or combination of: coconut, banana, almond extracts, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, clove, lemon and orange peel.
- 11These bars keep well in the freezer and are excellent for traveling.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Grape Nuts Bars
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g