1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 fluid ounces liquid egg substitute or 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 fluid ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, garlic, onion, ¼ cup parsley, egg substitute, bread crumbs, evaporated skim milk, thyme, paprika, cumin, salt (if using), and pepper.
- 3Mix well and form into meatballs about 1 inch in diameter.
- 4(You should get about 5 dozen meatballs).
- 5Place meatballs on rimmed nonstick baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes, until nicely browned.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a large platter and set aside.
- 7---To Make The Garlic Sauce---.
- 8Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- 9Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft but not browned.
- 10Stir in the tomatoes, broth, and sherry; bring to a boil.
- 11Add the meatballs to the skillet, reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook until meatballs are cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes, occasionally spooning the sauce over the meatballs.
- 12Transfer the meatballs and sauce to a large serving platter and sprinkle with parsley and almonds.
- 13Serve with toothpicks for spearing the meatballs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Garlic Turkey Balls
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.5 g