Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband is always looking for something different to eat on his night shifts. He loves his fruit cake, but me working full time, I find it difficult to get the time to make his fruit cake then I found this recipe on A.B.C. and make them for him every now and then for a change. I like to use mini muffin pans for these as it makes them go a little further.
- Place dates and water in saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until dates are soft.
- Stir in bicarbonate soda, mix in banana and margarine until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix again. Add carrot, apple, sultanas and mixed spice. Mixing well until all combined.
- Add flour and milk until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin trays (I use mini muffin trays) bake for 20 minutes at 180c.
I made these in paper patty cake cases and got 23 muffins (which I estimated at 10.7g per muffin). Tasted while warm (when peeling the paper off it took a fair bit of muffin with it - scraped it off - too good to waste). Will freeze some and see how they heat up in the microwave when defrosted. DM says a big thank you for a yummy treat. Made for Make My Recipe - a game of tag - Everyone Welcome.