Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Husband loves this recipe for frozen yogurt as he is a diabetic. I use low-fat yogurt, you can use regular yogurt for a creamer consistency. Cooking time is freezing time. Recipe is made for electric ice cream freezer.
- 1 (14 ounce) can peaches in juice (I used my home canned peaches)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- Drain peaches reserving 1/2 cup of juice.
- Puree peaches in blender (I use hand held blender for faster clean up).
- Add yogurt, (I do this all in a four cup measuring cup) reserved juice, and Splenda; blend with hand blender until combined.
- Pour into freezer bowl, turn machine ON and let mix until frozen, about 25-30 minutes.
- If desired, pour frozen yogurt into plastic container and place in freezer until firm, about 2 hours.
Yum! I'm always looking for diabetic recipes for me that my non-diabetic husband and kids will also enjoy. This was a big hit! Try substituting a pint of fresh strawberries and 1/2 c. of orange juice for a delicious strawberry version and use non-gat Greek yogurt for extra protein. Looking forward to trying mango, blackberry and more!
I love this recipe I love yogurt but the carbs are so high. Thanks Barb
This was a big winner in our house. I recently bought an ice cream maker with the idea of making low fat frozen yogurt but so far I have had trouble getting the recipes to thicken up enough. There was no such problem with this recipe. Almost straight away it came together in the machine and only got better from there. I used low fat Greek yogurt but otherwise followed the recipe. I think the bit of vanilla makes the taste of the dish. It stops the fruit from being too sweet and adds a depth to the taste.